Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Flag is Blue... and so is my Laundry!!!

I've gotten accustomed to seeing cars on the wrong side of the road. We all are getting used to using adapters for our outlets. In fact, we've all figured out how to use the stoves and the oven and the dishwashers; not to mention the weird water-heater, pull-chain showers! But today I met my match in the form of our washer/dryer combo machine!!

In order to travel better, I decided to travel lighter, which means that I only packed a small carry-on bag of clothes. This also means that this morning I awoke to the realization that I was almost out of clean clothes. "Lucky me," I thought. "The flat not only has a washer/dryer combo, but it also has detergent, fabric softener, and an iron!" I was totally ready for this Scottish adventure in laundering!

Problem number one: the washing machine stops. Beeps a lot (annoying, but helpful) and then, my clothes are still wet. Like DRIPPING. On the floor (luckily, right next to the mop, but still...).

Solution number one: put wet clothes in the dryer!

Unfortunately solution number one led to problem number two: after an hour of dryering my clothes are still wet.

Solution number two: set the dryer to run some more...

What eventually happened was this:
I went to take my clothes out of the dryer. They were all STEAMING. And still wet. Not damp--wet! and died blue. Awesome. So now our whole flat is covered with my clothes on hangers, hanging from doorknobs and coat racks. Hooray for us! Hooray for laundry! and Hooray that I didn't decide to wash the costumes before I decided to do my own laundry!


No comments:

Post a Comment